Actual Science Bursary 2021-2022
Sanlam is searching for a hard-working individuals who seeks an opportunity to use education to excel in building the success of an organization. Individual must be team-players and would like to part of the team in achieving the company goals and objectives. They must be self-driven individuals with ability to work under pressure and meets deadline. Adaptable and driven with strong work ethics and ability to thrive in team based or individual motivated.
Who Should Apply
If you are a whiz at maths, enjoy a good challenge by solving difficult problems and are willing to remain focused and disciplined through years of studying and training, then you are just who we’re looking for
What Do We Offer
- Tuition and accommodation fees
- General allowance (books and pocket money)
- Mentoring and academic support from Sanlam actuarial professionals
- Vacation work and networking opportunities with Sanlam staff
- Guaranteed employment after completion of studies
- Continued support and payment towards actuarial board exams
- Range of work rotation opportunities across a broad spectrum of disciplines
What Do We Require
- Final 2020 Grade 11 results and 1st Term as well as Prelim Grade 12 exam/test for 2021 results as well as NBT results
- Certified copy of your identity document (ID)
- Comprehensive CV focusing on Academics, Extra-mural activities and Leadership skills
- Grade 12 results may be used as determining factor
- An above 90% score in Mathematics and an overall A aggregate
- A motivation to support your application that answers the following questions:
- In your own words, can you describe what an actuary does?
- Why do you want to study actuarial science?
- Why do you believe you have what it takes to become an actuary?
- Why should Sanlam choose you to be a bursary holder?
- If you are not successful at becoming an actuary, what other career paths are you considering?
How to Apply
All applications need to be completed online via the Sanlam Career Opportunities website. It is important that you submit the following documents with your application:
- Comprehensive CV as indicated
- A certified copy of your ID
- Final Grade 11 results and Grade 12 mid-year results
- A letter of motivation to support your application
We are committed to embracing and accelerating transformation. In accordance with Sanlam’s employment equity plan, preference will therefore be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups (Black South Africans i.e. African, Coloured and Indian scholars).
Applications are now open for submission.
Closing Date: 31 July 2021