|Job Title||Graduate Development Programme|
|Organization Name||SARB Academy – Operations and Technology|
The SARB is looking for productive and talented postgraduates to join its one-year programme in January 2022.
The SARB serves the economic well-being of South Africans through maintaining price and financial stability. It is responsible for the regulation of the South African financial sector, design and distribution of banknotes and coin, management of interest rates, setting the cash reserve requirement for banks, and ensuring stability of both.
Exposure to departments in the SARB
Graduates will work and learn at the SARB Head Office in Pretoria from January to December 2022. During the year, graduates will be assigned to a department, and will be exposed to various roles and projects.
The programme courses
During the programme, graduates will attend various learning interventions at the SARB Academy for approximately 40 days. Interventions are mainly central banking specific and are aimed to produce well-rounded central bankers. In addition, personal and professional skills such as presentations skills, impactful reporting, business disciplines, teamwork, personal excellence and etiquette, among others, are also part of the holistic programme.
You meet the requirements if you:
• have completed a postgraduate degree;
• have attained an average of over 65% in your final year;
• have a strong desire to work in financial services and/or policymaking;
• have a proven track record of academic excellence
• have excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• are a South African citizen; and
• are a curious and keen learner.
Degree focus areas
The SARB will consider postgraduate students with capability in at least one of the following areas:
• Economics • Econometrics • Research • Policy analysis • Modelling • Public finance • Accounting • Auditing • Statistics • Financial management • Information technology • Law • Portfolio or investment management • Mathematics • Quantitative analysis • Risk management • Treasury • Economics and international relations
|How To Apply|
|· All interested parties are invited to apply online via www.resbank.co.za
· All available vacancies will be visible.
· Please follow the links: Work@SARB>Current vacancies.
− Is this your first visit to our Job Site?>Register today (Ensure that you include all your skills and qualifications during the registration process.); OR
− Already registered on our Job Site?>Already registered?>Login here
· Date posted>Last 3 weeks (in the dropdown menu)
· Select the appropriate IRC number to view the full advertisement.
Please include a copy of your transcript and your identity document with your application.
Shortlisted applicants will be subjected to a psychometric assessment, an appropriate reference check and security clearance as part of the selection process.
The closing date for applications is 30 April 2021 Late applications will not be considered.
Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us, please consider your application unsuccessful.
In line with the SARB’s commitment to diversifying its workforce, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups. People with disabilities are welcome to apply.
The SARB offers remuneration and benefits commensurate with the level of the position and in line with the market. The level at which the successful applicant will be appointed will depend on his/her experience and competence.
Ms Sarah Molomo
Senior Manager: Recruitment and Selection
Human Resources Department