Traka Trainee Technician 2022
A Traka Trainee technician is keen to learn new skills and assist Senior technicians in their duties as follows:
A Traka Technician is competently able to install both hardware and Software, with detailed knowledge of networking he or she can carry out fault finding repairs upgrades and creatively solve problems in the field, on all Traka equipment types. He or she will be required to interact with both internal and external customers, with regards to site support and installations. A Traka technician will be part of a growing team of technically proficient professionals, both customer facing, and in a supporting role within the Traka Africa organisation.
The Trainee technician will aspire to develop and later play a more senior role within the business.
What you would do as our Traka Technician
Responsibilities and Tasks that will be learned
- Email Support
- Telephone support
- Remote support
- Support logging on support site
- Maintenance of all Traka variants, Key management systems and Lockers
- Installation and replacement of Traka hardware
- Setup, assemble, test and configure Traka systems
- Basic to advance understanding of Traka integrations
- Fault finding and Problem solving
- Safe operation of basic electrical reticulation
- Understanding wire crimping and installing basic plugs
- Basic use of hand tools will be an advantage
- some understanding of Windows based computers and software
- Good understanding of what a database is
- Good understanding of networking
- Good understanding of software installation and commissioning
Travel to a client/breakdown/callout on a sometimes-last-minute notice, within South Africa and Sub-Saharan region.
You would also be required to learn and participate:
- Carry out research/problem solving, on provided Manuals
- Take initiative when required
- Excellent Communication/reporting skills
We are the ASSA ABLOY Group
Our people have made us the global leader in access solutions. In return, we open doors for them wherever they go. With nearly 50,000 colleagues in more than 70 different countries, we help billions of people experience a more open world. Our innovations make all sorts of spaces – physical and virtual – safer, more secure, and easier to access.
As an employer, we value results – not titles, or backgrounds. We empower our people to build their career around their aspirations and our ambitions – supporting them with regular feedback, training, and development opportunities. Our colleagues think broadly about where they can make the most impact, and we encourage them to grow their role locally, regionally, or even internationally.